Title: Data Intern
Supervisor: Director of School Tour & Systems
Internship Dates: Flexible. Start ASAP!
Hourly Commitment: At least 3 days/week; preferably in 4-6 hr chunks (200 hours total).
Location: Los Angeles Headquarters, no remote positions.
Intro to Education Department:
Thirst Project is a young organization with a fast growing audience of young people passionate about ending the water crisis. We’re an agile team constantly learning from testing new strategies to raise funds for global water projects. We base all key strategic decisions on data, and test to identify what works and what doesn’t.
Our strategic goal is to be the best youth fundraising organization in the country. To do that we’re building new processes & systems to allow us to seek key data points to learn from and to inform our overall programmatic strategy.
The data intern will work closely with the education team to identify opportunities to test new strategies & help inform program growth.
- Data-entry: Assist the education team in understanding our audience of students and schools better and ensure that the databases stay current
- Data-dedupe: This is crucial! Will reconcile our databases across all systems
- Survey: Build out surveys to learn from existing Thirst Project clubs & student leaders.
- Reporting: Collect data and let us know what works! From our fundraising platforms and past campaigns.
You’re a total data nerd. Nate Silver is your God and you don’t believe in anything that isn’t backed by numbers. You can look at data sets and bring out key information non-data nerds can use to better their work. You ask a lot of questions and know how to find the answers. You’re an excellent logical thinker.
- Learn and grasp data-related systems quickly and easily.
- Basic understanding of big data.
- Must know excel like the back of your hand!
- Solid written & verbal communication skills. Be able to explain data to non-data team members.
- Strong sense of curiosity & desire to find answers even if process/systems don’t exist yet.
- Background in statistics = brownie points! Or informatics, data systems, CRMs, etc.
How to apply: Email resume to email@example.com with the subject line “(your first name)’s got 99 problems but data ain’t one”