Title: Content Creator Coordinator
Supervisor: Marketing Director & CEO
Do you LIVE on social media? Are you OBSESSED with the latest digital creators who are shaping culture today? Do you know more about social trends than most MCN’s? (If you have to Google what an MCN is, you need not apply.) Do you think about how to build community by engaging with your network in meaningful ways? Are you familiar with leading youth nonprofits & for-profit corporations impacting our world today? ***Doubly-Important: Are you a Grammar NAZI? (Please, no real Nazi’s. Gross.)***
We’re looking for a detail-oriented individual with a passion for the global water crisis. This individual will play a significant role in making us look as sexy as possible, while doing good.
Our Content Creator Associate will be responsible for creating the content for two different, but very connected parts of our world. This individual will create ALL Thirst Project Social Media Content, AND, all of the back-end content necessary to execute our corporate partnerships. Our Content Creator Associate must be a team player in a highly collaborative and fast-paced working environment. This individual can produce quality content under strict deadlines.
The Content Creator Associate, the Marketing Director and the CEO work together as a power trio to meet all of Thirst Project’s creative content needs. The Content Creator Associate serves as the voice of Thirst Project, curating all digital content. The Marketing department is also responsible for the creative direction, design, and promotion of Thirst Project merchandise.
*Side note: Must love cookies (especially Milk Jar cookies).
Most importantly, you’ve gotta love young people and know what young people love. We exist to serve young people, mainly students, so you must be with it on all of the latest trends or social platform updates, algorithms, and tracking strategies. With that being said, we are looking for YOU, a kick-butt social media guru and great communicator. Like we said before, you need to be OBSESSIVE about Grammar accuracy (we can’t position ourselves as an authoritative source for students or corporate partners if we’re sloppy.)
- You will manage all social media channels. A great Content Creator Associate will grow both engagement and followership on all channels.
Social & Organizational Content.
- You will create & curate content for general Thirst Project promotions
- Social Media
- Brand Partner Campaigns
- Event Teasers & Recap Reports
- School Tour Assets
- Student Handbook
- Quarterly & Annual reports
- GIFs, Videos & Photography
- You will write all student-facing content (emails, school assets, etc.)
- You will work with network of artisans & contractors for photography, video, design and promo materials.
Public Relations Content.
- You will manage Thirst Project’s media packet that includes key talking points for media outlets highlighting TP’s big wins, vision, and goals.
- You will assist in the process of working with our PR firm for all press releases & PR opportunities.
Business Development Content & Relationship Management.
- You will work alongside our CEO to maintain consistent and effective communication between brand partners and major donors.
- You will draft emails, agreements, invoices, partnership outlines & simple decks for potential corporate partners.
- You will manage a pipeline of potential leads.
- You will manage and regularly update pitch decks used for partnership opportunities and events.
- Ability to multi-task is a must, detail-oriented, logistically sound, with a self starter mentality.
- If you can’t rub your stomach and pat your head at the same time… we have a problem.
- Youthful, FUN, highly relational, student leadership experience preferred.
- Must have good jokes (negotiatiable) and be willing to laugh at ours (non-negotiable).
- Must love to work with young people.
- Flexible and adaptable to different schedules, projects.
- Agility: Looking for someone with a flexibility level between Gumby and a US gymnast. We move fast, we learn & shift even faster. You must be able to keep up.
- Some days you’ll work past your 9-5 schedule. Other days, you need to be willing to leave work one hour early to get a FastPass at Disneyland.
- Passionate about seeing the END of the global water crisis through a MOVEMENT of young people.
- Nothing is cooler than helping a sixth grader from Delaware plan a badminton tournament to give people halfway around the world clean water. Believe in the power of young people.
- Team player.
- You’ll be our right hand, our go-to, for all things Marketing. You must be able to give the people what they want and have an awesome #winning attitude doing it.
- Attenttion to detail.
- Like we said, you are an absolute grammar Nazi (if you didn’t notice a spelling error, Houston, we have a problem).
- Must be a Social Media guru.
- You should be the BEST at creating engaging social content.
- You will be the digital mouthpiece of Thirst Project.
- Must be proficient in all Adobe programs.
- Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign are your precious babies.
- Knowledge of WordPress, Final Cut and UI/UX design is a plus.
- Strong written & oral communication skills required.
- You will be working on projects alongside clients of Thirst Project
PERKS OF WORKING AT THIRST PROJECT
- 17 vacation days, 3 sick days for sniffles, 3 personal days for those days when you just wanna stay in with your boo, all national holidays, AND the week between Christmas & New Year’s, no matter what.
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance. (AKA… Bandaids, fillings for those cavities, sexy new hipster glasses).
- FREE Trip to Swaziland to see the impact of our work every two years you work with us.
- Employer matching 403B savings plan…because…working for a charity shouldn’t mean you go broke.
- Living in the City of Angels. Let’s be honest… Weather. Is. Perfect. All. Year.
- Working alongside a BEST in class team who share a passion and desire to end the water crisis!
HOW TO APPLY
Send a one-page resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: [YOUR FIRST NAME] IS THIRSTY FOR THIS JOB. Note, we’re severely allergic to boring cover letters and resumes. Be creative. Don’t forget to attach a PDF or online link to your portfolio, as well as your Instagram handle!