HALO Effect is a live action pro-social series that highlights extraordinary teens who strive to help make the world a better place.
Thirst Project is supporting @NickelodeonTV ’s The HALO Effect. We challenge all of our clubs to join the HALO Nation and participate in this month’s call to action.
Sisters Katherine and Isabelle make origami ornaments and sell them in order to raise money to build wells in Third World countries & Native American reservations. In 3.5 years they have built 80 wells through their organization Paper for Water. They became passionate about this cause when they realized that some girls aren’t able to attend school because they have to travel miles each day to get clean water.
Tune-in to see an episode of the HALO Effect where the girls can describe what you can do to help!
How can you help? There’s two ways:
- Help conserve water!
- Take shorter showers
- Turn off the sink after you wet your toothbrush
- Use the same cup for your drinking cup
- Wear the clothes more than once before washing (not too many times though ;))
- Summertime? Turn off the sprinkler hose
- Rainwater harvesting-capture water with a bucket under your gutters and use it to help water your plants
- Drink all of your liquids
- Use a reusable water bottle
- Reuse towels
2. Make paper origami ornaments and post on your social media accounts of pictures with them using the #HALOEffectChallenge hashtag!
Follow @nickelodeonHALO @NickelodeonTV @PaperForWaterOfficial